Sunday 22 December 2013

Merry Christmas Everyone!

Right, well I'm off to Hungary for Christmas with the in-laws tomorrow, so I thought I'd just pop by to wish all my blog readers a very MERRY CHRISTMAS!, and probably as I won't have time to update before then, a HAPPY NEW YEAR! as well. Thanks for taking an interest in what I've been up to in 2013! I'm hoping to have lots of exciting new projects and news to announce early in 2014, but nobody is really organising stuff at this time of year, so I've been left a bit in limbo on a few projects. We'll have to wait and see what January 1st brings!

As I mentioned in my last post, I'm feeling relatively upbeat about how the very early stages of my time as a full time artist has gone. I'm nowhere near making a living from it yet, but the more I investigate possibilities the more I see that there is a lot of opportunities out there for artists, as long as you can spare the time to work at things. And money. I keep seeing great courses and stuff advertised that would be really helpful, but I only have limited funds available, so some of those great sounding opportunities I have had to regretfully walk away from. That's the one dark cloud on the horizon. Running out of money. The house sale falling through has really messed up our plans for financial stability for next year. But…I guess I knew this was never going to be an easy choice, to pursue something that might be financially not very rewarding, especially at first. And I'm determined to weather the storm. Which doesn't mean I won't perhaps have to try and get a part time job sometime in the new year. I think, as long as it still leaves me with enough time and mental energy to pursue all these exciting arts opportunities, that might not be a bad thing. Anyway, the point is, it's gonna be tough, but I can see the light at the end of the tunnel, so I won't give up! And in the meantime, there's little nephews to play with, and delicious food to eat, and presents to dish out, and all that good stuff, so I'm going to put all that worry on hold for now and have fun! Here's hoping you, wherever you are, will be able to do the same! Very best wishes of the season to each and every one of you!

Oh, just time for a few more Pre-Christmas things:
I have started up my newsletter. I am still learning the software that enables me to manage it, but hopefully this is a place where you can subscribe, should you wish to:

Subscribe to our mailing list

* indicates required

Also, remember that artist networking meeting I mentioned going to a few blog posts ago? I forgot to mention that someone was filming it, and they interviewed me! I just found out they posted the finished film online, and I made the final cut! Yay! I've never been interviewed "on screen" before, so I found the whole thing strangely exciting! (I'm also quite impressed with how coherent I sound. I remember thinking I'd said a load of rubbish. Must be the magic of editing!) Here's the video: And finally, how about a new picture, as we haven't had one of those for a while! Here's one of the ones I unearthed when looking for things to show to my repeat customer the other day. This is actually a photo I took a couple of years ago, that was just languishing on my computer until I dusted it off and did a little Photoshop magic on it a few days ago. I'm really quite fond of it now, although I was thinking of maybe correcting the tilt of the image so that the lines are horizontal. See what you think...

Right, well that's about all for now. Have yourselves a very Merry Christmas, and I'll be back in 2014!

No comments:

Post a Comment